Shoes are such a staple item in a person’s wardrobe. They can add an extra something to all your outfits depending on what shoe you decide to wear. I have put together a list of the top 5 shoes that every girl should own in their wardrobe.
- Converse– These types of shoes go great with any outfit. I personally will wear them with dresses, jeans, or sweatpants. They are so versatile and such a great go-to shoe!
- Nude heels– Every girl needs a great pair of nude heels. Nude heels go with anything and really dress up an outfit. My personal favorite is a good nude open-toed heel from Nine West.
- Combat boots– This is such a staple for the fall and winter months. Again, they can go with any outfit and keep your feet nice and toasty warm.
- Booties– These types of shoes are between a boot and a heel. They usually have a thick, small heel. I love wearing booties in the fall when I want to dress up an outfit without making it too fancy.
- Sandals– For the spring and summer, it is KEY to have a good pair of sandals that you can just throw on with any outfit. I personally think a good pair of white and/or brown sandals would be perfect!
Fall is the season of crisp, cool weather. With this cool weather comes a change in fashion. I love when fall time rolls around because I can create so many cute outfits. These outfits can be accessorized with a few items to make them more put together and girly.
The first must-have that I love wearing in the fall are scarves. I love the blanket scarves the most because they add something extra to your outfits while still keeping you super warm.
Secondly, leather jackets. Leather jackets have not really been hyped up anymore, for some reason. I LOVE wearing leather jackets. I have a few that go great with any outfit. They are all so unique and different while still being comfy and cozy.
Another must-have this fall are necklaces. I think chokers will be pretty popular this year, however, I also think long dainty necklaces will make a grand debut. Depends on what you wear these two styles of necklaces with, but they can make any outfit. (Chokers would go well with flannels, t-shirts, grungy outfits; Long dainty necklaces would go well when you are wearing cardigans, leather jackets, dresses)
Lastly, boots and boot socks/boot cuffs are suppper adorable. I love seeing girls rock their boots with their boot socks/cuffs sticking out. It makes any look so much more cozy and feminine. I, myself, will be sporting this look all season!!
I hope you take this into consideration when doing your back to school shopping! I really believe that these items are must-haves for any fall season period. Let me know what your fashion must-have is for the fall season!
Recently, I went out to dinner with some friends and I was in desperate need of a really cute outfit, but still fun. I opted for a simple emerald green dress and a dainty long necklace, paired with heels. This outfit choice was so adorable and feminine. I am obsessed with this combination with the nude heels.
A regular dress would suffice for this look, but personally, I got this dress at Garage clothing when I used to work there last year. I don’t think they have this style anymore but lots of brands have styles of dresses like this.
Next, this necklace is from Forever 21, so, therefore, I have no link because we ALLLL know how Forever 21 is (you can never find anything online that’s in the store). These are similar necklaces though (first one, second one, last one).
Heels are from Nine West. I got these at TJ MAXX but you can get them anywhere. They are also pretty affordable shoes. They are just nude open-toed heels. (no, these heels do not hurt my feet. surprisingly!)
Hair and makeup were kept very simple. I threw my hair up in a sock bun and I kept my makeup minimal and bright. I did not want to over do the makeup and hair because I wanted to be more girly, bright, and put together, rather than smokey and ultra snatched. (yes, my bun is a little lopsided in the first picture….. I was wearing a sombrero.)
At carnivals, you definitely want to be SUPER cute but also very comfy. You don’t want to be the one wearing a dress and worrying about it flying up all day or wearing something uncomfortable. My outfit was great because it was comfy and I didn’t have to worry about it (like I would if I were wearing loose shorts or a dress). I wore a “body suit”, which was actually a swim suit and paired a pair of jeans over it.
Swim suit/Body Suit- I got it from TJ MAXX for $29. It is Michael Kors but this one is very similar.
Jeans- American Eagle (very similar)
Shoes- Black Converse
Necklace- It’s from a Rhode Island thrift shop.
When you go to museums and different exhibits, most people want to be cute and comfy. I recently went to an amazing museum and I thought I would share what I wore. It was hands down, probably the best outfit I could’ve worn.
I opted for a dress just to make me feel cute and girly. Since it was slightly cool this day, I wore panty hose under my dress. I paired it with a pair of comfy cowboy booties. I topped off my look with a small, dainty necklace to give my outfit a little more without it taking away from the dress. I am also wearing my usual earrings. As for my hair, I just straightened it and put it half up-half down, so that it was mostly out of my face.
I hope this gives you some inspiration! I highly encourage you to check out your local museums for amazing exhibits.
Dress: For sure got it in Forever 21 but can’t find the exact.
Pantyhose: Forever 21
Happy 4th of July everyone!! I have 3 really cute (but easy) outfit ideas that would be perfect for the holiday, in case you need some inspiration!
1. The first one is the easiest outfit ever. Just throw on some jeans and a cami, and grab yourself an American flag scarf! All done!!
- Tank top- Forever 21 (but they sell these everywhere)
- Jeans- Garage Clothing (can’t find the exact so these are similar)
- Scarf- Garage Clothing
2. The next outfit consists of a plain white shirt, overalls, and any American flag shoes. You can also DIY the shoes if you have time.
3. Last but not least, this is what I will be wearing this year for 4th of July. Any leggings and jean jacket will do. I paired this outfit with a bandana folded and used it as a headband.